I am soon to celebrate my 45th birthday, funny how when I was 20 that number seemed ridiculously old, lol, now I see it for what it really is, just a number.
I wanted to share what, for me has been important learning tools. These are the things I tell my children, family, friends and now you.
1. Live in the moment - sounds cliché I know, but if you are truly living in the moment, you are never worrying about what tomorrow will bring or the hurts of yesterday.
2. Believe in yourself - All your wants and desires happen because you believe they will happen, the only opinion you will ever need is you own.
3. Love every one - you either love or you don’t, withholding love is exhausting, it is simpler to look at everything with an open heart.
4. Make Time - Every day make time to really talk to your loved ones, kiss your kids, scratch your dogs ears, that kinda thing, even 5 minutes of solid connection beats a day of empty conversations.
5. Stop everything - once a day, stop everything you are doing and look at the wonder of where you are, be it a bird flying, a child playing, a song being sung, a tree swaying in the wind , stop and truly enjoy it.
6. Forgive – if you have been hurt, feel the pain, stay there until you are done, then forgive the person or event, things are always darkest, just before dawn, you will shine again.
7. Be fearless- There are no limits to what you can do in life if you face your fears, be bold, be strong, be your destiny
8. Never give up- You are never too old to start living the life you have imagined, One day of doing exactly what you want with your life, can make up for a lifetime of merely existing.
9. Give freely - Give what you can to someone or something who can never repay you, be it, your time, your money, even your smile, your gift to them, can change the world.
10.Listen to your gut- let your intuition guide you, I believe we have many paths that we can take in life, but if you listen to your gut, you will follow a path that leads straight your destiny.
And if I can add a number 11 it would be, Don’t Sweat the small stuff.
I am sure that there are many more things I can add to this list, but for me, if I had to pick just ten, this would be them. The bonus of being 45 is I have such amazing perspective on life. I am excited to see what new perspectives I will gain in the next 45 years.
Happy Birthday to me.